SPEECH LANGUAGE THERAPY
The WTS Speech and Language Pathologists are highly-skilled specialists in providing therapy to children who present with challenges related to autism (ASD), ADHD, auditory processing disorders, apraxia, receptive/expressive language, oral motor and feeding disorders. WTS Developmental Speech and Language Pathologists use a variety of innovative techniques and work closely with parents to reinforce appropriate learning strategies.
Speech and Language Assessments
Speech and language assessments include evaluating a child’s oral motor function, ability to articulate, language processing, comprehension, and ability to express themselves. Our Speech Pathologists utilize an individualized approach incorporating PROMPT, behavioral interventions, as well as sensory, oral motor or other approaches as needed depending on your child’s history, current preferences, and clinical presentation.
All of our Speech-Language Pathologists have the highest credentials in the field, are New York State licensed and certified by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA).
Our SLP team can tackle your child’s:
- Articulation – the way a child makes speech sounds
- Phonology – the speech patterns used
- Apraxia – difficulty planning and coordinating the movements needed to make speech sounds
- Fluency – stuttering
- Voice – difficulties with pitch, volume, or quality of voice
- Receptive language – difficulty understanding or processing language
- Expressive language – difficulty putting words together, limited vocabulary
- Pragmatic language – social communication
Westchester Therapy Solutions takes an individualized approach to providing the best therapeutic care for your child. Our services in pediatric physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech language therapy services for children throughout Westchester, Rockland, and Putnam Counties and the Bronx have been proven to significantly improve children’s communication skills and interactions. If you are interested in Speech/Language Therapy services for your child, please contact WTS today.