The highly-skilled pediatric physical therapists at Westchester Therapy Solutions focus on building muscle tone, strength, endurance, coordination, balance, body awareness, playground skills, learning new motor tasks, the ability to engage in sports and achieve motor milestones (i.e. rolling, crawling, walking, etc.) For parents of children with developmental delays, the support of a WTS pediatric developmental therapist – a movement expert – can be of tremendous benefit in improving their child’s quality of life and meeting their motor control, play and self-care goals.
Our physical therapists hold doctorates, advanced pediatric certifications, and/or have years of physical therapy experience. They utilize their advanced training and expertise in neurology, neuroanatomy, motor learning, KinesioTaping, Neurodevelopmental Treatment, orthopedics, and development to work with children in maximizing their potential while working on the following areas:
- Promoting independent mobility
- Facilitating age-appropriate gross motor skills
- Strength and Coordination
- Maintaining joint integrity
- Balance Training
- Gait Training
- Motor Control / Motor Learning
- Musculoskeletal functioning
- Assessing needs for orthotics or adaptive equipment
- Improving ability to negotiate an environment safely
How do I know my child needs pediatric physical therapy?
The following concerns often identify the need for PT…
- Difficulty with Gross motor milestones (i.e. rolling, crawling, walking, running)
- Difficulty with balance skills
- Difficulty with age-appropriate sports
- Avoidance of playground equipment
- Difficulty with coordination of the body (i.e. skipping, catching)
- Observed clumsiness
- Awkward running or jumping
- Appears weak or tires easily
- Cannot keep up with their peers
- Toe walking
- Asymmetrical movements
the above items your child would likely benefit
from Pediatric Physical Therapy services.
Westchester Therapy Solutions works with you to determine the best physical therapy plan for your child. The combination of our therapist’s skills and our state-of-the-art sensory gym facility ensures that your child is getting the most out of the resources available. WTS offers in-person and telehealth physical therapy sessions.
If you are a parent/guardian or interested in pediatric physical therapy services in Westchester, Rockland, Putnam County, or the Bronx, please contact us today.