Feeding therapy is much more than just “teaching a child to eat.” We work on improving a child’s relationship to food and for children to accept a variety of tastes and textures. Occupational Therapists and Speech Language Pathologists take a holistic approach to make the entire process of eating easier and more enjoyable.
Does your child exhibit any of the following behaviors:
- Restricted range or variety of food?
- Extreme stress during snack/meal time?
- Cries when presented new food?
- Eats a different meal/food than the rest of the family?
- Required technology (TV/i-Pad) during snack/meal time?
- Hold food in mouth/appear to not manage food well?
- Gags when new foods are presented on plate?
- Feeding takes longer than 30 minutes?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, then your child would benefit from feeding therapy.